|our front door in Jacksonville|
Along with my blogging friends, today I'm participating in Joyce's Hodgepodge of random questions and linking up at her blog, From This Side of the Pond.
1. This time last year where were you?
I was right here in Florida, just going about ordinary life. But more notably on this day exactly 3 years ago, Beloved and I were driving into Jacksonville, Florida to begin our new life as former residents of Colorado. We exchanged views of fourteeners (mountain peaks 14,000 feet high and more) for massive expansion bridges and sandy beaches. It's been a huge change and although there will always be a good place in our hearts for Colorado, we are enjoying our new home state.
|Dames Point Bridge across the St. John's River|
2. In honor of National Pink Day (June 23rd) tell us your favorite pink food or beverage. Raspberry Sorbet. Was it on the menu at your house yesterday? No. Do you like to wear the color pink? Yes, I do, and people have told me more than once that it's a good color for me. If we came to visit would we find this color in your home decor? Yes. See the photos below. Blush, fuschia, salmon, raspberry - your favorite shade of pink? My favorite shade of pink? I love them all. It just depends on where and how the color is being used.
|These pictures are from one of our bathrooms that I call|
"The Flamingo Room"
3. Stop and smell the roses, looking through rose-colored glasses, a rose by any other name, not all moonlight and roses, no rose without a thorn ... which rosy saying currently fits your life in some way? Explain.
With current events being what they are, stopping to smell the roses fits my frame of mind best. We could all use more of the pleasant stuff of life.
4. Are you a 'reader'? Do you tend to read lighter books in the summer months? Do you have a summer reading list? If so, give us a title or two.
Compared to some of my friends, I'm not much of a reader although I always have at least 2 books placed in convenient places to pick up when I fall into a chair. Last week I finished this:
and right now I'm reading this:
As you can see, I lean toward serious material.
5. Share with us one rose and one thorn from your weekend.
The thorn was the TV news; the rose was Father's Day spent with Beloved and hearing from all three of our children.
We went to church together, had lunch at a Mexican restaurant, and later in the afternoon we enjoyed ice cream at a local place recently introduced to me by my friend Jersey.
6. Insert your own random thought here
I'm pondering this quote from Jimmy Evans, senior pastor of Gateway Church in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex:
"Truth without grace is surgery without anesthesia, but grace without truth is a bottle with no medicine in it."
Linking up with Wednesday Hodgepodge at http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com